It’s almost Miffy’s birthday! On June 21, Miffy is turning 66 years old, and we need YOU to help us celebrate! Below, we have some fun ways you can celebrate Miffy, like a recipe for Carrot Cupcakes (Miffy’s favorite!) and a birthday video and book for you to read along with.
Whether you throw your own Miffy birthday party, create some Miffy art, or make Miffy a birthday card, we want to see it! Share images of how you are celebrating Miffy’s birthday by tagging us (@MiffyOfficialUSA) on Instagram.
- Watch the Official Miffy Birthday Video
- Cozy up for Miffy’s Birthday Book Read Along
Tasty Birthday Treats!
It wouldn’t be a true party without a tasty treat! Bake Miffy’s favorite birthday carrot cupcake recipe below to celebrate like a true bunny.
Ingredients and supplies:
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2/4 cup finely grated peeled carrots
- Cream cheese frosting (instructions here)
- White candy melts, for ears
- Dark chocolate, for faces
- Heat the oven to 350˚F. Place 6 cupcake liners in your pan.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk the oil and sugar together until well blended. Add the egg, mixing well. Stir in the flour mixture until blended, then incorporate the shredded carrots.
- Divide evenly among the baking cups and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely before icing.
- While the cupcakes are baking or cooling, make the ears. Melt the white chocolate melts, then put in a piping bag. On parchment paper, pipe out 12 ovals. These will be the ears.
- Lay a toothpick down on each oval, this will help you attach the ears to the cupcakes. Be sure not to push the toothpick down too far, you don’t want to see it on the other side.
- Let set until hard.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, frost then position and push in the ears. Use melted dark chocolate to pipe on two eyes and an X for Miffy’s mouth. Remove the ears before you bite into these guys ‘cause you don’t want to stab yourself with the toothpicks!
Thank you to i am a food blog for this great recipe! Check out their other Miffy recipes here.
Don’t forget to wish Miffy a happy birthday on Instagram! Miffy will be sharing birthday wishes to her Instagram story. Make sure to tag @MiffyOfficialUSA for a chance to see yourself on Miffy’s Instagram!