Miffy isn’t the only one who’s happy about the warmer spring weather. She has noticed the birds in her backyard seem to be chirping more loudly. Birds only have their nests to nuzzle in through the cold winter, so they’ve got lots to celebrate in the spring! Miffy decided to do something nice for them since she enjoys watching them flit around together outside her window. She knows just the thing – a bird feeder! You can make a homemade bird feeder like Miffy too using the directions below.
Watch Miffy give a bird a snack in the episode Miffy And The Hungry Bird!
Bagel Bird Feeder:
- Large plate or bowl
- String or ribbon
- 1 Stale Bagel
- Peanut butter
- Have a parent help you cut the bagel in half lengthwise
- Secure it by tying a string or ribbon through the hole
- Spread peanut butter all over the bagel
- Pour some birdseed into a plate or bowl
- Dredge the bagel through the birdseed, coating each side of the bagel
- Hang the bagel from a tree branch in the yard
- Enjoy watching the birds devour their tasty snack!