Looking back at some of the trends that developed over the past year of the pandemic, the first thing that pops into Miffy’s mind is the toilet paper shortage! Like so many others, Mother and Father Bunny had to drive all around town to find some for their family.
As a tribute to that time period and with the official start of Spring and Easter right around the corner, Miffy is making a fun bunny craft out of toilet paper rolls. You can try it too using the directions below!
- Paper rolls
- White acrylic paint
- Small googly eyes
- Pipe cleaners
- Small pom-poms
- White cardstock paper
- Colored cardstock paper
- Extra strong glue
- Black sharpie
- First, paint your toilet paper rolls white. You may need to do a few coats of paint to get them fully white. Then, set them out so the paint can dry.
- Make the bunny ears by tracing then cutting out the ear shape twice on white cardstock. Then making a smaller ear insert with the colored paper of your choice.
- Glue two small googly eyes to your paper roll. Then twist three small pipe cleaners around each other so they make a whisker shape and glue them down to the paper roll.
- Glue a small pom-pom on top of the pipe cleaners for the nose.
- Glue the ears to the inside of the top of your paper roll. Then draw on the mouth with a black sharpie, and now you have your very own toilet paper roll bunny!