Since the month of February is a time many people are focused on kindness and love, Miffy is ending the month by giving some special “just because” presents to those she cares about most. Miffy knows that giving a gift that you know someone will really enjoy and appreciate can sometimes be the most meaningful way to show them how important they are to you. She was pleasantly surprised in the episode Miffy’s Gift From Boris when Boris Bear showed her how much he valued their friendship by making a special wagon just for her.
Miffy made a list of some ideas for small tokens of appreciation for those she cares about below, and you can try them out too!
A Homemade Apron for Mother Bunny!
Mother Bunny loves to cook, so Miffy decided to make her the special apron below, and you can make one for a parent or loved one who enjoys experimenting in the kitchen too!
- White canvas apron
- Fabric paint and fabric markers (washable is the best to prevent messes!)
- Separate bowls for however many different colors of paint you plan to use
- Tip: Make sure to select bowls that are ok to get a little dirty
- Put out plenty of newspaper, or a disposable tablecloth on the table where you will work on the project.
- Set out the bowls and empty one color of paint in each.
- Have everyone in your family (except the person the gift is for!) place their hands in different bowls of colored paint, then press your painted hands on the apron.
- Under each handprint, write the name of the person whose hand it is with fabric markers, then let dry overnight.
- Bonus: feel free to embellish the apron however you like, perhaps with drawings of flowers, hearts, or messages like, “I love you, Mother Bunny”.
Father Bunny’s Favorite Sweet Cake:
Father Bunny has a sweet tooth, so Miffy knows having Mother Bunny help her make a sweet treat for him will make him very happy. Have a parent help you make Father Bunny’s favorite no-bake sweet cake below!
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. birthday cake mix
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, store-bought or homemade
- Rainbow sprinkles, for decorating
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add softened cream cheese and sugar and stir until completely combined and no clumps remain.
- Fold in birthday cake mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust, smoothing over top with a rubber spatula. Top with sprinkles, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, at least 6 hours.
Special Presents for Baby Bunny
Miffy recently became a big sister and she couldn’t be more happy or excited! She will be able to choose a special bunny plush doll and a sweet bunny pajama set for her little sibling, knowing that these make for perfect snuggle time.