This week, as part of Miffy’s January challenge to be active for 10 minutes a day, she’s dancing – make that freeze dancing in the spirit of winter! Watch Miffy bust a move or two in the episode Miffy’s Dancing Lessons. You can freeze dance like Miffy using the instructions below!
If you post a video of yourself freeze dancing and tag @MiffyOfficialUSA you could have a chance to be featured on Miffy’s Instagram!
Before You Start
- Designate an open area free of obstacles. If objects are present that cannot be moved, point them out and remind everyone that they must be careful not to touch another person or object.
- Have the radio or music player ready with your favorite station or music selection.
- Designate someone to start and stop the radio or music player.
How to Play
- In this activity, everyone dances as the music plays.
- When the music stops, each player must freeze immediately and hold that position until the music begins again.
- If a player does not freeze immediately, they must do 10 jumping jacks during the start of the next round and then rejoin the dance.
- Assign players as a look-out and have them pick out a unique dance move. When the music stops, they demonstrate the move for everyone; the group tries the new move at the start of the next round.
- Rather than have players do 10 jumping jacks, have them do something else- sit-ups, a balance challenge, act as DJ or whatever other creative idea you can come up with!