Miffy can hardly contain her excitement – two of the best holidays of the year, Christmas and New Year’s, are within a week of each other!
Miffy is anxiously awaiting Santa’s arrival to see if he brought her everything on her wish list – she can barely sleep! Luckily, Father and Mother Bunny always tell her a special bedtime story on Christmas Eve night to help her get to sleep. You can watch Dick Bruna’s Christmas Story too, just like Miffy!
Only a week after Christmas comes New Year’s – Miffy can hardly believe that 2020 is almost over! She is hard at work thinking of meaningful New Year’s resolutions. You can see how Miffy celebrates the new year in the episode, Miffy’s Happy New Year.
Miffy loves to celebrate Christmas and New Year’s with a couple festive games, and you can too with the directions below. Miffy wishes you and all your loved ones a very merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years. She can’t wait to see you again in 2021!
Christmas Memory Game:
- Several chocolate kisses
- Colored dot stickers
- A black marker
- Place a colored dot on the bottom of each chocolate kiss
- Choose a few Christmas words (such as reindeer, ornament and Santa)
- Write one letter of each word on the bottom of each kiss
- Scramble up the kisses and lay them out in a grid on the table
- Take turns turning over two kisses at time to spell out each word
- Feel free to eat the kisses at the end of the game. Enjoy!
New Year’s Eve Balloon Countdown:
- Balloons (12)
- 12 strips of paper
- 1 writing utensil
- Take the 12 strips of paper and write fun activities on them.
- Examples include:
- Eat a cookie
- Read a story in front of the fireplace
- Sing a song
- Drink hot chocolate with marshmallows
- Call Grandma and wish her Happy New Years!
- Turn on the music and dance
- Tell a favorite memory from 2020
- Examples include:
- Roll up the strips of paper and place one in each balloon.
- Blow up each balloon and tape them to the wall.
- Write on the balloons starting at 1 pm and counting down each hour to midnight.
- Every hour pop a balloon and enjoy the activity inside.
- Happy New Year!