It’s almost Miffy’s birthday! On June 21, Miffy is turning 65 years old, and we need YOU to help us celebrate! Below, you will find everything you need to throw the best birthday bash in bunny history, including decorations, games, cupcakes, and even birthday postcards.
Join the party happening across the world, and share your celebrations with Miffy! All week leading up to Miffy’s birthday, when you post your celebrations, you could make it onto Miffy’s Instagram story. Tag us on Instagram @miffyofficialusa. We will also be looking through the #miffy65 hashtag.
Miffy is so excited to celebrate with you. Hope to see you there!
Table of contents:
- Setting up
- Miffy Resources
- Miffy Instagram Filter and Instagram Story
- Carrot Cupcakes Recipe
Setting up for the party:
What is a birthday party without birthday decorations? See below for tips on how to decorate your walls, your cake, and even your own head!
- Make your own Miffy Ears to wear:
- Hang these streamers from your wall, your ceiling, or even the sides of your table.
- Place these toppers on your birthday cake or cupcakes.
Parties can be fun for everyone! There is always something exciting to do, whether that’s playing games, dancing, or writing a card to the birthday bunny.
- Throw a Dance Party! What better way to celebrate than to turn up your favorite songs and dance like no-bunny is watching? Using the Miffy filter on Instagram, Miffy can join in the dancing fun! Send any videos of your dance party to the MiffyOfficialUSA Instagram to be featured on Miffy’s Instagram story.
- From coloring, to scavenger hunts, to puzzles, party games are so much fun! Find an example below.
- Click here to play the new Miffy Balloon game!
- Click here for a fun twist on a classic party game with “Pin the Crown on Miffy”!
If you just can’t get enough of Miffy’s birthday celebration, use the resources below to keep the party going:
- Check out the #MiffyFunFact hashtag on Instagram to find out more about Miffy
- Watch the Official Miffy Birthday Video
- Cozy up for Miffy’s Birthday Book Read Along
Sharing birthday fun with Miffy!
Don’t forget to wish Miffy a happy birthday on Instagram!
How to use the filter:
- Open up Instagram
- Swipe over to the camera
- Swipe through the filters until you see the cute bunny
- Click to join Miffy in her birthday party!
Miffy will be sharing these birthday wishes to her Instagram story. Make sure to tag @MiffyOfficialUSA and use the hashtag #Miffy65 for a chance to see yourself on Miffy’s Instagram!
Tasty birthday treats
It wouldn’t be a true party without a tasty treat! Bake Miffy’s favorite birthday carrot cupcake recipe below to celebrate like a true bunny.
Ingredients and supplies:
• 1/2 cup all purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1 large egg
• 3/4 cup finely grated peeled carrots
• cream cheese frosting (instructions here)
• white candy melts, for ears
• dark chocolate, for faces
Heat the oven to 350°F. Place 6 cupcake liners in your pan.
In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk the oil and sugar together until well blended. Add the egg, mixing well. Stir in the flour mixture until blended, then incorporate the shredded carrots.
Divide evenly amount the baking cups and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely before icing.
While the cupcakes are baking or cooling, make the ears. Melt the white chocolate melts, then put in a piping bag. On parchment paper, pipe out 12 ovals. These will be the ears.
Lay a toothpick down on each oval, this will help you attach the ears to the cupcakes. Be sure not to push the toothpick down too far, you don’t want to see it on the other side.
Let set until hard.
Once the cupcakes are cool, frost, then position and push in the ears. Use melted white chocolate to pipe on two eyes and an X for Miffy’s mouth. Remove the ears before you bite into these guys ’cause you don’t want to stab yourself with the toothpicks!