With summer coming to an end and the school year inching closer, establishing a bedtime ritual now is important. The August blog is all about making bedtime a “hoppy” occasion for Miffy’s littlest fans! Enjoy these nighttime-themed activities and snacks, and don’t forget to show off your creations on Instagram and Facebook.
Miffy Sock Bunny
This adorable DIY Miffy stuffed animal is perfect for snuggling! Repurposing those pesky lone socks into cuddly masterpieces, the Miffy Sock Bunny is sure to be a winner.
- Sock (we used a white ankle length sock)
- Rubber bands
- Sharpie or marker
- Pillow stuffing or cotton balls
- Using the pillow stuffing or cotton balls, begin filling the sock about halfway full.
- Cinch the stuffing with a rubber band, plumping the sock so it has a long oval shape.
- Create a smaller bundle of stuffing or cotton balls above the first section. This will serve as Miffy’s head.
- With adult guidance or supervision, use the scissors to cut a line from the sock opening to the top of the head. These two sock flaps will serve as Miffy’s ears.
- Using two small rubber bands, secure each sock flap near Miffy’s head, ensuring that there are now three separate sections (body, head, ears).
- Optional: Tie a ribbon around the rubber bands separating Miffy’s ears.
- Using a marker or Sharpie, draw Miffy’s eyes and mouth.
*Scissors should be used with adult aid or supervision
Snack-tivity: Bedtime Bunnies
With bananas and sunflower seed butter providing sleep-inducing magnesium and tryptophan, this healthy treat is made for end-of-the-day snacking.
- Sunflower seed butter
- With adult supervision, slice half the banana into thin sections.
- Cut the remaining banana lengthwise. Shape into “ears” by rounding the top.
- Take one small circular banana slice and spread a dollop of sunflower butter near the top.
- Using the sunflower butter as glue, stick the ears and face together. Repeat as desired.