“Everybunny” loves a good tune! This month, Miffy Fun is all about music and melodies, with activities that are sure to hit the right note. Don’t forget to show off your finished products and tag Miffy on Instagram and Facebook.
Miffy Music Maker
Whether it’s a rainy-day recital or outdoor concert, these Miffy music makers are perfect for all occasions.
- 2 white paper plates
- White construction paper
- Crayons or colored pencils (optional)
- 1 cup of dried beans
- Lay one plate upside down on a flat surface. Using a black marker, make two dots for Miffy’s eyes and an “x” for her mouth. Optional: decorate with colored pencils or crayons.
- Flip the plate over so that it is concave. Pour the dried beans onto the plate.
- Using the white construction paper, cut out long ovals for Miffy’s ears
- Tape the two “ears” onto the top rim of the plate.
- Place the second plate on top of the first. Staple around the edges so that the two are securely fastened – make sure that the ears are stapled as well.
- Enjoy your handiwork and go make some noise!
*Stapler should be used with adult aid or supervision
Snack-tivity: Edible Xylophone
These edible xylophones make for an easy and delicious treat – no “treble” whatsoever.
- Graham crackers
- Pretzel rods
- Grape tomatoes
- Peanut butter
- Break one sheet of graham crackers along the dotted lines.
- Line up four small graham cracker pieces along a plate.
- Using peanut butter as “glue,” stick an M&M candy to the top and bottom of each graham cracker strip (these will serve as the pins of the xylophone).
- Using one of the pretzel rods, gently poke a hole in a grape tomato. The result should resemble a xylophone mallet. Repeat so you have two “mallets.”
- Chow down!
*Recipe should be followed with adult supervision
Here are some Miffy-approved childhood classics – sing along encouraged!