Miffy is springing forward with Daylight Savings! As our beloved little bunny knows well, all times are special – whether it’s time to play, time with family or time to “hop” forward an hour! In honor of the extra sunlight, this month’s Miffy Fun is all about time. Don’t forget to show off your finished products and tag Miffy on Instagram and Facebook.
Telling time is an important skill for even the littlest Miffy fans. Make the task an enjoyable one with this unique Miffy clock!
- Miffy template (download and print here)
- Glue stick or glue bottle
- Brass fastener (we used matte black fasteners)
- Construction paper
- Crayons, colored pencils or markers
- Print Miffy template and cut out Miffy face.
- Using a glue stick or glue bottle, paste Miffy to a piece of cardboard.
- Cut off any overhang.
- Using a pencil, pen or toothpick, poke a hole in the center of the Miffy cutout. This should be between and slightly above Miffy’s eyes.
- Write in the hours along the outside edge of the cutout.
- Optional: Decorate with crayon, colored pencils or markers!
- Cut out two clock hands using construction paper. These can be arrow shapes or simply rectangles – just make sure one hand is shorter than the other.
- Poke a hole at the end of the clock hands. Layer over the center of the Miffy cutout, matching up all the holes.
- Using a brass fastener, attach the clock hands to the clock face.
- Move the clock hands around to represent different times!
*Scissors should be used with parental supervision or aid.
Snack-tivity: Cheese and crackers
Enjoy this classic cheese and cracker snack… with timely twist!
- Slice the cheese.
- Cut into thin strips, making one shorter than the other. These will serve as the clock hands.
- Take out a cracker. This will serve as the clock face.
- Place the cheese ‘hands’ on the cracker. Bonus points if your snack displays the time it’s made!
*Recipe should be followed with adult supervision
Songs for Daylight Savings
Miffy loves these catchy tunes!