Whether she’s making a snowbunny with her friends or ice skating on the pond, Miffy loves to play outside in the winter. With a parent’s help and a little imagination, these activities will help create your own indoor winter sports day with Miffy and her friends! Show us your winter playtime fun by tagging Miffy on Instagram or Facebook.
Easy Ski/Snowboard Ramp
No matter the weather, your toddler can enjoy this easy and exciting ski ramp activity. This way to the “bunny” slope!
Note: The activity setup should be completed by a parent only, as a hot glue gun is unsafe for children.
For the skiers:
- Craft popsicle sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Miffy 3” figurines (order Miffy’s friend pack or family pack here) or any favorite plastic toy characters (such as Little People, Legos, etc)
For the ski ramp:
- Packing tape
- Long, straight piece of cardboard
- Heat up the hot glue gun, and first glue together 2 craft sticks parallel along the long edge, to create the skis. Then, put glue dots on the figurines’ feet and adhere to the craft sticks. Facing forward is a skier, facing sideways is a snowboarder!
- Next, create the ramp. Use the packing tape to tape one edge of the straight cardboard piece to the edge of the box, at an angle. If you have lots of supplies, you can experiment with different box heights and ramp slopes to see which is fastest.
- Time to play! Take turns racing your friends down the slope, or race lots of friends at once to see who wins.
Snack-tivity: Healthy hot cocoa and Miffy marshmallow pops
Nothing is more satisfying after a cold day of winter play than a hot cup of cocoa! Though making from the packet is easy, this recipe puts you in control of the sugar content. Serve with a side of Miffy marshmallow pops!
Hot cocoa ingredients and supplies:
- 2 cups milk of your choice (whole, skim, almond, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
*add more or less honey, depending on how sweet you like it
How to make hot cocoa:
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan, then whisk in the cocoa powder, honey, and vanilla extract. Whisk well to remove any lumps from the cocoa.
- Serve warm. Makes 2 servings.
Miffy marshmallow pops ingredients and supplies:
- Lollipop sticks
- Candy melts or royal icing
- Edible ink pen
How to make Miffy marshmallow pops:
- Using scissors, cut several of the marshmallows into quarters and set aside. These will form Miffy’s ears.
- Make some royal icing or melt the candy coating in the microwave. Take a lollipop stick and dip it in the candy melt/royal icing. Insert the stick into the whole marshmallows no more than halfway through and keep aside until dried.
- To attach the ears, dip them into the candy melt/royal icing and stick them on the top of the whole marshmallows. Let dry.
- When dry, draw two dots and a wide ‘X’ for Miffy’s eyes and mouth with the edible ink pen.
- Serve when dry, or keep in an airtight plastic bag or container until ready to serve.
Songs for winter fun
The perfect playlist for a winter day indoors – or playtime after outdoor fun!