What are you thankful for? This month, Miffy is celebrating everything she’s thankful for in celebration of the Thanksgiving holiday. Tell us what you’re thankful for by following along with our #ThankfulThursday posts on Instagram or Facebook., and try your hand at these Thanksgiving activities while with family and friends this holiday.
Show what you’re thankful for with this easy turkey papercraft.
- Construction paper – brown, white and colors like blue, red, yellow, orange, green, purple, or any other favorite colors
- Glue stick
- Black Sharpie marker
- Trace and cut a medium size circle from the brown paper. This will be the turkey body.
- Cut out pointy feather shapes from the multicolored papers. These will be the turkey feathers.
- Cut out two small circles from the white paper. These will be the turkey eyes. Use the black marker to color in two dots to make eyeballs.
- Cut a small triangle out of an orange or red paper. This will be the turkey beak.
- Arrange and glue multicolored feather papers to stick out of the back of the brown turkey body using a glue stick. Glue eyes and beak to front of the turkey body.
- Who or what are you thankful for? Using the black marker, write down your answers – one on each feather. Share your Thankful Turkey with your family members!
Snack-tivity: Turkey bell peppers
Turkey is a yummy treat at Thanksgiving, but it’s even better as part of a balanced meal! Eat more veggies this Thanksgiving with this turkey bell pepper snack-tivity.
- Mini peppers
- Knife (*parental use only)
- Dip or spread (optional)
- Black sesame seeds (optional)
- Cut mini peppers into quarters. Use different colors of mini peppers to create a more colorful turkey.
- Arrange mini peppers in a turkey shape, as pictured. You may arrange it overtop a dip or spread, such as hummus or ranch, or even add other colorful vegetables.
- Add 2 black sesame seeds for eyes, and cut small pieces from pepper skin for a turkey beak and waddle.
- Enjoy as a pre-Thanksgiving snack!
Song for Thanksgiving
Countdown to Thanksgiving with this fun turkey song.