Trick or Treat! The month of October ends with one of Miffy’s favorite holidays. She loves to dress up in costume with her friends and have fun! Add a little Miffy to your Halloween with these easy activities, and don’t forget to tag Miffy in your photos on Instagram or Facebook.
Miffy Trick or Treat Sack
A few everyday items are all you need to take your trick or treat game from ordinary to adorable!
- White pillowcase
- Black acrylic paint or puffy paint
- Newspaper or cardboard
- Lay white pillowcase out on a flat surface and place a layer of newspaper or cardboard inside to protect the top surface from bleeding through.
- Paint two small ovals and a wide, flat X for Miffy’s eyes and nose towards the bottom of the pillowcase. Make sure the eyes are far enough apart and the nose is centered underneath the eyes, just like Miffy’s!
- Leave for several hours to allow paint to dry.
- Use your Miffy Trick or Treat Sack with the Miffy Halloween costume by Palamon, available on Amazon.
Snack-tivity: Healthier Halloween Treats
There’s plenty of candy on Halloween, but it’s great to have some healthy options. Take control of the unhealthy ingredients in this simple snack food that’s great for a party or to give to the most spirited Trick or Treaters.
- Olive oil
- Yellow popcorn kernels, unpopped
- Clear plastic party treat bags with twist ties
- Black sharpie
- Prep the bags by using the sharpie to draw two small ovals and a wide, flat X for Miffy’s eyes and nose, towards the bottom of the bag. Make sure the eyes are far enough apart and the nose is centered underneath the eyes, just like Miffy’s!
- Prepare popcorn on the stovetop according to the directions on the package: Coat the bottom of a large pot with olive oil, and turn the burner on medium-high heat. Add one kernel and wait until it pops. Then, add enough kernels to cover the bottom of the pan in one layer. Shake the pot and heat until popping slows down. Add salt or seasonings according to taste.
- Once popcorn has cooled, fill treat bags with popcorn – about 3 popped cups per bag. Tie with twist ties to finish!
Songs for Halloween
Get spooky with these Halloween classics.