Whether summer vacation means a trip to the neighborhood park or flying to far-off places, travel is always better with food and fun activities! Where are you traveling this summer? Tag Miffy in your photos on Instagram or Facebook.
Liven up long trips with this portable Miffy bingo. “Laminated” game sheets and stickers replace traditional bingo markers for a travel-friendly version of the classic game.
- Downloadable Miffy
bingo game sheets (download and print HERE)
- Downloadable Miffy bingo cards (download and print HERE)
- Card stock paper or empty cereal boxes
- Clear contact paper or sticky plastic wrap (Press ‘n Seal)
- Glue stick
- Optional: index cards
- Download and print Miffy bingo game sheets and corresponding bingo cards.
- Cut out the game sheets.
- Cut the side of an empty cereal box to the same size as each game sheet, and glue together, to provide extra sturdiness. (Or, print the bingo game sheets on card stock-weight paper.)
- Unpeel the contact paper or sticky plastic wrap and cover the game sheets. Cut away any overhang.
- Cut out the Miffy bingo cards (optional: glue the bingo cards to index cards to make them sturdier)
- Get ready to play!
- Decide who will be the player and who will be the dealer. Each player should have one game sheet and a sleeve of stickers. The dealer should hold the deck of bingo cards.
- Shuffle the deck of bingo cards.
- The dealer draws a card from the deck. Either show the card to the players or describe it to them.
- Players will place a sticker on their game sheet if they have a picture that matches the dealer’s card.
- The first player to get five stickers in a row (either diagonally, horizontally, or vertically) wins!
*Scissors and glue should be used with parental supervision or aid.
Snack-tivity: Sweet and Salty Energy Bites
Fuel up for adventure with grab-and-go snacks! These yummy energy bites are full of protein (and deliciousness).
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (we used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 2/3 cup roughly-chopped roasted & salted almonds
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 bites.
Songs for Summer Travel
What summer trip is complete without a soundtrack? These travel-related songs are sure to hit the right note.
“Over the River and Through the Woods” (for the kids)
“Transportation Song” (for the kids)
“Roam” by the B-52’s (for the parents)