Did you know that Miffy celebrates her birthday, just like you? Miffy’s birthday is on June 21st and to celebrate, we’re having a birthday party! No party is complete without games and birthday cake. This month, we have a special snack-tivity, in partnership with our friends at i am a food blog! Celebrate Miffy’s birthday with us by tagging us on Instagram or Facebook.
‘Pin the Crown on Miffy’ Party Game
Help Miffy get dressed for her big day with this fun party game.
What you need:
2 poster boards (14in x 22in)
Large round dinner plate
Wall-safe painter’s tape
Colored markers and decorative supplies
Piece of fabric or bandanna (to be used as a blindfold)
How to make Miffy:
- On the first poster, place the plate face-down near the bottom. Trace around it with the marker to make a circle.
- Draw 2 oval shapes for her ears.
- Draw two dots for her eyes and an X for her nose and mouth.
- Using wall-safe painter’s tape hang the poster on the wall, eye-level with the players.
How to make the crowns:
- Fold the second poster in half 3 times.
- Draw 2 triangles along the fully folded side and cut them out.
- Cut along any remaining folds to separate any crowns sticking together.
- Decorate crowns with markers or other decorative supplies.
- Put painter’s tape on the back of each crown.
How to play the game:
- Make sure the area around Miffy is clear of anything that could be tripped over or bumped into.
- Players form a line starting 4 large steps away from Miffy.
- Blindfold the first player and spin them 5 times.
- Walk (don’t run) toward Miffy holding the crown forward.
- Stick the crown on the wall, remove the blindfold and see if you won! Repeat for all players. The player who places Miffy’s crown closest to the center of her head wins the game.
*Safety disclosure: Adult assistance required for using scissors and spinning the blindfolded players.*
Snack-tivity: Miffy Carrot Cupcakes
Our friends at i am a food blog created beautiful Miffy cupcakes that are perfect for a Miffy birthday party or any occasion! We’re excited to feature their recipe here on Miffy Fun. See the original recipe post here.
Ingredients and supplies:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup finely grated peeled carrots
- cream cheese frosting (instructions here)
- white candy melts, for ears
- dark chocolate, for faces
Heat the oven to 350°F. Place 6 cupcake liners in your pan.
In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk the oil and sugar together until well blended. Add the egg, mixing well. Stir in the flour mixture until blended, then incorporate the shredded carrots. Divide evenly amount the baking cups and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely before icing.
While the cupcakes are baking or cooling, make the ears. Melt the white chocolate melts, then put in a piping bag. On parchment paper, pipe out 12 ovals. These will be the ears. Lay a toothpick down on each oval, this will help you attach the ears to the cupcakes. Be sure not to push the toothpick down too far, you don’t want to see it on the other side. Let set until hard.
Once the cupcakes are cool, frost, then position and push in the ears. Use melted white chocolate to pipe on two eyes and an X for Miffy’s mouth. Remove the ears before you bite into these guys ’cause you don’t want to stab yourself with the toothpicks!
Songs for Miffy’s Birthday:
We all know The Birthday Song, but did you know Miffy has a special birthday song?